Conference events and sessions take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton in beautiful Burlington, Vermont.
RECOMMENDED TRAVEL DAYS
- WRMC events begin at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28, with the exhibitor reception, followed by opening remarks and award ceremony.
- The WRMC will conclude at 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 30, after the keynote dinner and address.
- Pre-conference events will take place Oct. 27-28.
- We recommend you arrive the day before your first event and depart on Oct. 31.
Burlington Airport (BTV) - 2 miles from the DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton
870 Williston Road
South Burlington, Vermont 05403
- The WRMC room rate will be available when registration opens on June 1, 2020. At that time, a dedicated booking website and group code will be posted here.
- The WRMC room rate starts at $154 per night for a standard single or double.
- The deadline for the WRMC room rate is Friday, Oct. 4, 2020. Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Contact your fellow attendees on the WRMC group page to see if anyone would like to share a room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/223029547846172/
- WRMC attendees have access to complimentary self-parking in the outdoor parking lot.
Your registration fee includes:
- Appetizers at the exhibitor reception on opening night
- Coffee and snacks during morning and afternoon breaks on Thursday and Friday
- Keynote dinner on Friday night
- Community dining offers great networking opportunities! We are offering an optional meal plan for $70 that includes breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday. To keep the price relatively low, the meal plan is served buffet style and has limited choices. The hotel may not be able to accommodate very unique dietary preferences/restrictions at this price point (vegetarian options will be available). Purchase during registration or contact WRMC staff to sign up prior the conference.
Other Dining Options:
- Two onsite restaurants at the DoubleTree.
- Several grocery stores are within one mile of the DoubleTree, including Trader Joe's, Healthy Living Market & Cafe, Hannaford Supermarket, Cheese & Wine Traders, and Price Chopper.
- Many restaurants are within one mile of the DoubleTree on Williston Road and Dorset Street.
- Head downtown to Church Street (1.5 miles from the DoubleTree) or the Burlington waterfront (2 miles from the DoubleTree) to check out the renowned food scene, full of farm-to-table restaurants, corner hangouts, breweries, and more.
People with Partial Physical Mobility
The DoubleTree by Hilton is ADA compliant. Specific hotel areas that are accessible for people with partial physical mobility include: public entrances, hotel registration desk, swimming pool, all public restrooms, and several guest sleeping rooms.
Gender Inclusive Restrooms
During the WRMC, specific restrooms will be made gender inclusive. While restroom signage will be changed to reflect this and clearly labeled "Gender Inclusive," the restrooms will still contain facilities based on the gender binary (i.e. urinals and menstrual product dispensers). To maintain an environment inclusive for all genders, we request that attendees do not use the urinals in the gender inclusive restrooms. The gender inclusive restrooms are for individuals who do not feel comfortable choosing between binary-gendered restrooms, and all other individuals.
Other restrooms will reflect the gender binary ("Women's Restroom" and "Men's Restroom").
We encourage attendees to use any restroom they wish to use.
The optional meal plan and the keynote dinner will include vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options. If you have a significant food-triggered allergy please contact WRMC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 335-2318. Prior to the conference, WRMC staff will alert the hotel's head chef and kitchen staff about dietary need, preferences, and allergies so they can prepare accordingly. The hotel can accommodate most dietary needs and follows food and safety standards to ensure no cross contamination. The hotel's banquet staff will clearly label all food items containing nuts, gluten, etc.
Other Accessibility Concerns
If you need any accommodations in order to fully participate in the WRMC, please contact us at email@example.com or (307) 335-2318.
- Stroll or jog through the Centennial Woods Natural Area behind the DoubleTree
- Check out the Burlington food and beer scene
- Put on a sweater and enjoy the New England fall foliage. Apple picking, anyone?
- Climb at MetroRock indoor climbing facility
- Head down to the Burlington waterfront and choose your own Lake Champlain adventure: ride the bike path, sail, SUP, fish, or sit and gaze at the Adirondack mountains
- Walk around the University of Vermont campus (and tour the UVM greenhouse)
- Go mountain biking at the Catamount Outdoor Center or Saxon Hill
- Get out of the city and hike up Camel's Hump (the inspiration for the 2020 WRMC logo!)
- Like dairy? Go find a creemee!