Stock Held By Bank or Broker
1. Contact the NOLS Development office with the following information:
(phone: 800-332-4280 or e-mail: email@example.com)
- Your name and phone number
- The name of the stock you plan to give
- The number of shares
- The name of the bank or broker transferring the stock
- The approximate date the stock is being sent
- The purpose of the gift (Ex: Annual Fund gift, payment on a pledge)
2. Ask your bank or broker to deliver the stock to:
- NOLS depository trust company: Vanguard
- DTC#: 0062
- Acct: 24389632
- Stock transfer to: National Outdoor Leadership School
- Tax ID#: 83-0204184
- Vanguard contact number: 800-992-8327
We will then alert Vanguard to accept the stock on behalf of the school.
Certificate Transfer: please contact the NOLS Development Office for further information and forms (800-332-4280).
Appriciated Stock Gifts
Many donors prefer to make gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or exchange traded funds because it can have a large impact on our mission, while maximizing potential tax benefits by avoiding paying tax on capital gains. If you would like to transfer your appreciated stocks online, you can use our online tool to walk you through the process in less than 5 minutes.