On this course, you'll join a diverse group of trip leaders for an overview of the NOLS curriculum in a setting designed for leaders and educators who don't have a lot of time or a huge budget.
You'll learn common leadership strategies through dynamic, on-the-trail teaching methods including scenarios, real-time problem solving, and experiential learning. You'll learn the intricacies of trip planning and how to organize expeditions of your own. If you’re seeking to join a group of motivated peers to grow as a leader in the wilderness, this is the course for you.
- Designed as professional development for practicing backcountry trip leaders to enhance their teaching and leadership skills
- Develop your on- and off-trail hiking skills while learning what it takes to run a smooth expedition
- We recommend that students have a basic first aid certification before beginning the course
- Small group size of around 10 students and two instructors
- Learn and share information about leading trips with others with similar interests