Academic Credit & Continuing Education

Get the most out of your learning

You can earn credit from your course or training for high school, college, and a variety of continuing education programs. Though we’re different than a traditional academic program, we are recognized for teaching outdoor education, leadership, wilderness medicine, risk management, and conservation.


College Credit

You can earn credit for a variety of NOLS courses including wilderness medicine courses, expeditions, risk management trainings, participation in the Wilderness Risk Management Conference, and more.

More than 400 colleges and universities nationwide have accepted University of Utah credit earned on a NOLS course, and many more grant their own credit.


High School Credit

You can earn high school credit from a NOLS expedition course through Blueprint Education.


Continuing Education

You can earn continuing medical education credits and education credits towards a Fellowship in the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) through your NOLS Wilderness Medicine course, or through the American Camps Association with NOLS Risk Services.