How old do I have to be to take a course?
- Wilderness First Aid: 16 years old
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid: 16 years old
- Wilderness First Responder: 16 years old
- Wilderness EMT: 18 years old
- Wilderness Medicine Expedition: 23 years old
What is your cancellation and transfer policy?
You can find information on cancellation and transfer policies on our policy page.
How do I sponsor a NOLS Wilderness Medicine course?
Find information on how to sponsor a course on our sponsors page.
Do you have courses for professional medical practitioners?
Yes! View all of our courses for medical professionals on our medical professionals page.
Does NOLS accept AmeriCorps education awards for course payment?
Yes! Find more information about AmeriCorps award policies on our financial aid page.
Is NOLS approved for Veterans Benefits?
Yes! Learn more about Veteran Benefits on on our financial aid page.
Can I get a scholarship for my NOLS course?
Yes! We have numerous scholarships for our programs and courses. Find out how to apply on our financial aid page.
Can I get academic credit for my course?
You can earn credit from your course or training for high school, college, and a variety of continuing education programs.
- Can I earn EMT Continuing Education credits?
- As a physician, physician assistant or nurse, can I earn CMEs for my Wilderness Medicine course?
- Can I earn credits towards the Fellowship of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM)?
How do I recertify my wilderness medicine certification?
We offer a variety of courses that will renew your certification. Check out details on our recertify page.
How do I replace my Wilderness Medicine Certification card?
Email us at: email@example.com
How long does my certification last?
All NOLS Wilderness Medicine certifications are current for two years from the end of the course. For information about recertification please visit our recertification page.