We’re looking for current Wilderness EMTs (or RN, PA, MD or similar training with current WFR) with the following:
- A WFR Recertification or higher course within the past two years
- Professional level CPR card
- Pre-hospital emergency medical experience
- Two or more years teaching in an outdoor education setting or classroom
- Several seasons leading extended trips in wilderness settings
We’ll review your application and select qualified candidates to receive a phone interview with our ITC Program Coordinator. If you are chosen, you’ll attend a 10-day intensive training to learn how to deliver the NOLS Wilderness Medicine curriculum. During the training you’ll work with an advisor to help you prepare and present classes.
When you graduate from the ITC, you’ll gain the support of our curriculum and instructor development teams. By teaching an average of 60 days per year and attending annual staff trainings, you’ll maintain your status as a leader in the field of wilderness medicine education.
There is a tuition charge to cover food, lodging, and materials. As this course is heavily subsidized, there are no scholarships available.
Applications Due: May 7, 2018
Course Date: November 11-20, 2018
Interviews Conducted: Late May / Early June