We’re looking for current Wilderness First Responders with the following:
- A WFR Recertification or higher course within the past two years
- Professional level CPR card
- Direct experience managing common injuries and illnesses in a wilderness setting
- Two or more years teaching in an outdoor education setting or classroom
- Several seasons leading extended trips in wilderness settings
We’ll review your application and select qualified candidates to receive a phone interview with our ITC Program Coordinator. If you are chosen, you’ll attend a 7-day intensive training to learn how to deliver the NOLS Wilderness Medicine curriculum. During the training you’ll work with an advisor to help you prepare and present classes.
When you graduate from the ITC, you’ll gain the support of our curriculum and instructor development teams. By teaching an average of 20 days per year and attending annual staff trainings, you’ll maintain your status as a leader in the field of wilderness medicine education.
There is a tuition charge to cover food, lodging, and materials. As this course is heavily subsidized, there are no scholarships available.
Applications Due: July 29, 2019
Course Date: November 10-16, 2019
Interviews Conducted: Mid August
We’re excited that you’re exploring your options for joining NOLS. To get started on the application process, please email us at email@example.com or call 866-831-9001.