JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Outfitting Assistant-Seasonal
REPORTS TO: Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in creating a welcoming, supportive outfitting department for students and faculty issuing and de-issuing gear out of NOLS Rocky Mountain. Facilitate gear preparation and maintenance for expedition courses for both students and instructors. Inspect, maintain, and repair clothing and equipment.
- Desire to learn about the use and function of gear in the Rocky Mountain Outfitting department.
- Effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and follow through with tasks independently.
- Positive, friendly approach to student-service.
- Flexible schedule- working early mornings and weekends are required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during the equipment issue and de-issue process. Explain and demonstrate proper use and care of equipment when outfitting students.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for maintenance and repair of outfitting clothing and gear.
- Assist with the gear issue and de-issue of students, instructors, and in-town staff.
- Provide assistance to instructors with pre-course preparation.
- Take a leadership role in promoting a sense of ownership for course equipment.
- Check, clean, repair, and maintain Outfitting equipment.
- Maintain general cleanliness and organization of the Issue Room.
- Maintain adequate stock of equipment in the Issue Room for efficient outfitting of NOLS.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is a salaried, non benefited position. Housing accommodations are possible.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Jeremy Cronon, NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager.
Contact Jeremy Cronon with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: Multiple openings available starting in early August. Duration of employment could range from 6 weeks to 4 months.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.