JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Driver
REPORTS TO: Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support for students and instructors for all NOLS Pacific Northwest courses by transporting courses to and from the field, resupplying courses, and providing operational support on campus as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
- Experience driving 15-passenger vans and trailers is desirable.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Must be a team player who can work collaboratively with others and works with the best interests of the team in mind.
- Must be able to work flexible and irregular hours including weekends, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Physically able to pick up and carry up to 40 lbs, and to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervision of students while transporting them to and from the field.
- Perform transportation tasks such as course resupplies, drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Assist with maintenance of vehicle fleet and NOLS PNW Campus.
- Assist in the equipment, rations, or kitchen.
- Follow NOLS’ standard bookkeeping practices when making purchases with NOLS funds.
- Attention to proper care, cleaning, and maintenance of campus facilities, equipment, and vehicles.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT: All employees who are not working remotely and who have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
WORK LOCATION & CONDITIONS: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, WA. On-campus housing and food staples available for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: 360-445-6657 ext 3221
Contact: Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 7, 2022.
STARTING DATE: This is a seasonal position from June 6-July 15, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.