JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Admissions Director
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Associate Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Wilderness Medicine admissions director leads the admissions team and supports marketing initiatives. The admissions director defines the policies, vision, and tactics utilized to support wilderness medicine admissions, financial procedures, credits from partnerships, financial aid, and certifications and continuing education for 25,000 students.
The admissions director must excel at effectively building, supervising and leading a team dedicated to high quality customer service, accuracy and integrity, and inclusion practices. The admissions director must develop deep knowledge of NOLS Wilderness Medicine’s mission, programs, and approach to customer support. Must be able to problem solve and prioritize. Must be comfortable launching and supporting new technological tools to improve customer service.
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience overseeing student/customer management.
- Experience with contract review and negotiation.
- Experience supporting marketing efforts including content, social media, website, digital assets, and events.
- Above average fluency with technology.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically.
- Ability to think systematically while carefully managing a large amount of detail.
- Experience balancing numerous competing priorities.
- Initiative, judgment, compassion, and excellent decision-making abilities.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The Wilderness Medicine admissions director represents departmental viewpoints and strategic priorities on school-wide work groups and committees. The admissions director supervises a nine person team that support students and sponsors with admissions, financial aid, and marketing strategies. The admissions director ensures departmental compliance with and reporting obligations to external entities. Additionally, the admissions director will lead their team through the development and onboarding of new business systems and technology as NOLS undergoes a digital transformation.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Jointly accountable for 8M in student tuition money and 0.5M in financial aid and discounts. Responsible for reporting and/or payments to governmental agencies, credit granting partners, external funding entities, and scholarship providers.
- Lead the Wilderness Medicine admissions team.
- Develop inclusion focused practices.
- Set vision and policies for financial practices and certification standards.
- Set the tone for customer service norms.
- Write public facing communications that reflect policy and support daily workflow of the team.
- Oversee financial aid opportunities for students and sponsors, maintain existing and initiate new funding partnerships.
- Develop and manage credit granting partnerships.
- Develop streamlined hiring and training practices to ensure quality customer service, policy adherence, and data integrity.
- Introduce new technological tools for innovation and efficiency.
- Review, negotiate, and sign contracts and master service agreements.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting to both internal and external audiences.
- Ensure accurate credit reporting to third party agencies.
- Maintain SEVIS Student and Visitor Exchange Program approval.
- Coordinate Wilderness Medicine’s marketing needs with the NOLS Sales, Marketing, and Creative teams. May include supervision of a marketing coordinator.
- Support requests for content development, regular alumni communications, event participation, and social media marketing.
- Ensure continued investment in increasing digital asset content.
10% School Wide Responsibilities
- Collaborate on school-wide workgroups and committees focused on NOLS strategic goals.
- Represent departmental goals in various settings where school-wide decisions are being made.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Shana Tarter
Contact: Shana Tarter with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 20, 2021
STARTING DATE: June 14, 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visitinglink.