JOB TITLE: User Support Specialist 2
REPORTS TO: User Support Services Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Participate as a team member in the implementation and support of end-user systems. Has the primary responsibility to provide support and services for desktop applications and workstations across NOLS locations.
QUALIFICATIONS: An associate’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience. Working knowledge of networking, desktop applications, and operating systems. Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware, including drives, cards, printers, and monitors. High comfort level working with the configuration of macOS, Windows, MS Office, and internet browsers, especially Google Chrome. Familiarity with scripting languages is preferred especially Bash and/or Python scripting. Exposure to Jamf mobile device management (MDM), network administration, Google administration, UNIX systems, AppleScript, backup systems, and remote access is helpful but not required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This position will assume the lead role in support for desktop hardware systems and software applications. This position will work closely with user support specialist 1 (USS1) to balance workloads and develop USS1's skills.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Directly responsible for workstation hardware and software. Maintains inventory records of software licensing and workstations. Will participate in the decisions to purchase and deploy workstation assets school-wide.
- Directly responsible for all NOLS workstation hardware and software, including deployments, updates, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Maintain a common standard software configuration; document all changes; obtain and test new software releases. Maintain technical documentation, warranty, and repair records for desktop operations.
- Configuration and use of Jamf Apple Management system, including custom configuration profiles and extension attributes.
- Long-term management of Jamf MDM and associated add-ons (Apple’s Global Service Exchange or GSX; SolarWinds Web Help Desk).
- Assist with user account creation and permission management for new employees.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: ASAP.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.