JOB TITLE: Three Peaks Ranch Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Three Peaks Ranch Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide staff and students with a safe, clean and comfortable working and living environment working with Three Peaks Ranch and Rocky Mountain maintenance staff to maintain and improve facilities, and supervise and complete building projects. Oversee and schedule the vehicle fleet and basic maintenance tasks.
- A strong work ethic, communication skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to learn, live, and work in a small community, and contribute to a positive working and living environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. repeatedly and perform physical work under a variety of conditions indoors and outdoors, climb and work from a ladder, and operate a variety of electric tools and landscaping equipment.
- Able to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to function independently.
- Experience with some of the following: construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical systems, vehicle maintenance.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Must be able to assume responsibility for special projects and supervise temporary employees, as assigned by the NOLS Rocky Mountain maintenance supervisor or plant/facilities manager.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Employee is expected to budget for facilities maintenance ($7000+) and build cost estimates for projects appropriately prioritizing spending for materials, tools, and equipment, and projects.
- Perform preventative and remedial maintenance, service checks, and safety inspections as outlined in the plant/facilities operations calendar.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special projects, such as building or finishing staff housing, at Three Peaks Ranch, and other NOLS Rocky mountain facilities in Vernal, UT and Lander, WY when necessary.
- Proactively plan for safety and security concerns.
- Keep all plant/facilities working and storage areas clean and orderly.
- Supervise, plan and maintain a fleet of 6 trucks, 5 horse trailers, one van and one town car.
- Communicate with the RM Transportation Manager to plan and troubleshoot vehicle issues.
- Perform other tasks or duties as required by department supervisors, including NOLS field work, if qualified.
- Support operational logistics and transportation tasks.
- Maintain effective communication and work closely and effectively in a team setting with others.
- Maintain and develop positive relations with local businesses and community.
- Create a welcoming environment and support students and instructors on courses at Three Peaks Ranch.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
WORK LOCATION: Three Peaks Ranch, Boulder, Wyoming—NOLS Rocky Mountain. Private housing and food is provided on site, throughout employment, for a small fee. Kitchen and living areas are communal.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager McKenzie Woolley.
Contact: McKenzie Woolley with any questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 3, 2022
EMPLOYMENT DATES: April/May-September (flexible), 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.