JOB TITLE: Teton Valley Kitchen Assistant - Winter
REPORTS TO: Teton Valley Kitchen Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain a clean and sanitary workplace. Prepare nutritious in-town meals for courses. Pack meals accurately for remote course pick-ups. Actively contribute to an inclusive, positive, hard-working culture in the kitchen and dining room.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, flexible with changing plans, able to maintain a growth-oriented mindset and sense of humor.
- Able to follow directions and interact comfortably, politely, and effectively with students, instructors and in-town staff.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds and work while standing for extended periods of time
- Commitment to cleanliness and organization.
- Interest in learning to cook and/or bake simple products, ability to follow a recipe, and comfort with asking for clarification/help as necessary.
- Food preparation and service.
- Maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and dining room.
- Special projects, as assigned by Program Manager, if necessary.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Teton Valley, Driggs, ID. This is an hourly, winter position. Meals are provided when provided for students. Staff eat at no charge with students; no meals provided outside of student meals. On-campus, yurt housing available for a small fee.
WORK CONDITIONS: Staff eat at no charge with students; there are no meals provided outside of student meals. On-campus, yurt housing available.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Sarah Martin, Winter Teton Valley Program Manager.
Contact Sarah Martin with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 24, 2021
STARTING DATE: November 29, 2021
END DATE: February 28, 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visitinglink.