JOB TITLE: NOLS Environmental Stewardship Coordinator
REPORTS TO: NOLS Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Advocate to preserve the integrity of, and access to, NOLS operating areas. Engage with decision makers and partners to promote the NOLS agenda in relevant policy initiatives. Engage in federal land management processes. Disseminate details of Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability department activities to the NOLS community.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Oversee environmental stewardship intern and temporary employees when necessary.
70% - Advocate for NOLS’ interests
- Work with NOLS World Headquarters and NOLS location policy staff to identify upcoming processes and issues that may affect NOLS’ operating areas.
- Work with ESS director to assess the level of importance of these issues and determine appropriate response.
- Engage with processes and partners to respond effectively to, and resolve, identified threats.
- Maintain relationships with land agency staff, elected officials, and key stakeholders.
- Represent NOLS at public hearings.
15% - Communicate departmental activities through other NOLS publications.
10% - Create curriculum materials regarding public land issues for use in the field. Manage departmental pages on the NOLS intranet.
5% - Other projects as defined by department needs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 28, 2019.
STARTING DATE: August 5, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.