JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Outfitting Camp Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Rocky Mountain Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Rocky Mountain Outfitting Camp Supervisor coordinates logistics, meets students, families, and instructors, to provide the operational support necessary for expedition starts and ends at our off-campus Outfitting Camp. This person is a part of the Rocky Mountain team and starts the positive student experience by orienting instructors, students and families to NOLS’ campus COVID practices while creating a welcoming and supportive environment. NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Camp Supervisor will host over 90 summer courses, and up to four courses simultaneously. This person is the primary representative for NOLS at the Outfitting Camp, Central Wyoming College’s Alpine Science Institute (ASI).
- Enthusiasm for setting a supportive and welcoming campus culture and supporting students and families.
- Effective communication with students, faculty and the Rocky Mountain in-town team.
- Positive attitude, flexible, and solution-oriented approach to challenge.
- Well-organized with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to function autonomously as well as as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as the schedule some includes early mornings, late evenings and weekend work throughout the summer.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Oversee all aspects of the ASI campus and the associated support of over 1,300 people this summer.
- Maintain NOLS’ relationship with Central Wyoming College in day-to-day operational matters.
- Supervise Rocky Mountain operations assistants in the oversight of daily tasks, including meals, transportation and program coordination.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
- Oversee all aspects of the ASI campus operations and facilities.
- Support the 90+ courses that will come through NOLS RM Lander this summer. This breaks down to 1200+ students and 250+ faculty.
- Coordinate the food, transportation, and shuttle coordination between ASI and Lander.
- Welcome all students and their families to ASI; introduce and uphold the ASI Campus and COVID practices for all guests.
- Support student and instructor needs during their time at ASI.
- Coordinate with the RM Program and evac team as needed to meet individual needs.
- Coordinate with NOLS RM and ASI staff to develop and implement ASI campus needs and logistics.
- Respond to emergent needs as they arise on campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: NOLS Rocky Mountain Operations Manager Kelsey Wicks.
Contact: Kelsey Wicks with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 25, 2021.
STARTING DATE: This is a seasonal position that starts in late May and goes through the end of September.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting link.