JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Camp Supervisor - Summer Seasonal
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Rocky Mountain Outfitting Camp Supervisor coordinates logistics to provide the operational support necessary for expedition starts and ends at our off-campus Outfitting Camp. This person is a part of the Rocky Mountain operations team and starts the positive student experience by orienting instructors, students, and families to NOLS’ campus COVID practices while creating a welcoming and supportive environment. NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Camp Supervisor will host over 90 summer courses, and up to six courses simultaneously. This person is the primary representative for NOLS at the Outfitting Camp, which is located at Central Wyoming College’s Alpine Science Institute (ASI) in Lander, WY.
- Enthusiasm for setting a supportive and welcoming campus culture and supporting students and families.
- Effective communication with students, faculty, and the Rocky Mountain in-town team.
- Positive attitude, flexible, and solution-oriented approach to challenge.
- Well-organized with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to function autonomously as well as as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours throughout the summer, including occasional early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Oversee all aspects of the ASI campus.
- Maintain NOLS’ relationship with Central Wyoming College in day-to-day operational matters.
- Supervise Rocky Mountain operations assistants in the oversight of daily tasks, including meals, transportation, and program coordination.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Oversee all aspects of the ASI campus operations and facilities.
- Support all courses that will come through the NOLS Rocky Mountain Lander location this summer.
- Coordinate the food, transportation, and student shuttle to and from ASI.
- Welcome all students and their families to ASI; introduce and uphold the ASI Campus and COVID practices for all guests.
- Support student and instructor needs during their time at ASI.
- Collaborate and coordinate logistics with all Rocky Mountain departments.
- Coordinate with NOLS and ASI staff to develop and implement ASI campus needs and logistics.
- Respond to emergent needs as they arise on campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is a salaried summer seasonal position. The position will plan on 40 hours of work per week, with occasional weekend hours. Housing provided for a small fee.
HOW TO APPLY: Send Cover Letter and Resume to Katie Craig, NOLS Rocky Mountain Operations Manager.
Contact: Katie Craig with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 18, 2022
STARTING DATE: Mid-May through late-September, 2022
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting link.