JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Outfitting Assistant- Summer Seasonal
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in creating a welcoming, supportive operations department for students and faculty issuing and de-issuing gear out of NOLS Rocky Mountain. Facilitate gear preparation and maintenance for expedition courses for both students and instructors. Inspect, maintain, and repair clothing and equipment.
- Desire to learn about the use and function of gear in the Rocky Mountain Outfitting department.
- Effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and follow through with tasks independently.
- Positive, friendly approach to student-service.
- Flexible schedule- working early mornings and weekends are required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during the equipment issue and de-issue process. Explain and demonstrate proper use and care of equipment when outfitting students.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for maintenance and repair of outfitting clothing and gear. Responsible for cash drawer when involved in sale transactions.
- Assist with the gear issue and de-issue of students, instructors, and in-town staff.
- Provide assistance to instructors with pre-course preparation.
- Check, clean, repair, and maintain Outfitting equipment.
- Maintain adequate stock of equipment in the Issue Room for efficient outfitting of NOLS.
- Other duties, as assigned, including field work if qualified.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is an hourly, summer position. Meals are provided when provided for students. Housing not included.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Tony Romans, Rocky Mountain Office Manager
Contact Tony Romans with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 23, 2020.
STARTING DATE: May or June 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.