JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Outfitting Assistant-Summer Seasonal
REPORTS TO: Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager and/ or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in creating a welcoming, supportive outfitting department for students and faculty issuing and de-issuing gear out of NOLS Rocky Mountain. Facilitate gear preparation and maintenance for expedition courses for both students and instructors. Inspect, maintain, and repair clothing and equipment.
- Desire to learn about the use and function of equipment in the Rocky Mountain Outfitting department.
- Effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and follow through with tasks independently.
- Positive, friendly approach to student-service.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during the equipment issue and de-issue process. Explain and demonstrate proper use and care of equipment when outfitting students.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for maintenance and repair of outfitting clothing and gear.
- Assist with the gear issue and de-issue of students, instructors, and in-town staff.
- Provide assistance to instructors with pre-course preparation.
- Check, clean, repair, and maintain Outfitting equipment.
- Maintain general cleanliness and organization of the Issue Room.
- Maintain adequate stock of equipment in the Issue Room for efficient outfitting of NOLS.
- Other duties, as assigned, including field work if qualified.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is a salaried summer seasonal position. The position will plan on 40 hours of work per week, with occasional weekend hours. Housing available for a small fee.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Jeremy Cronon, NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager.
Contact Jeremy Cronon with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 18, 2022
STARTING DATE: May/June through August/September, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.