JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Noble Hotel Desk Clerk
REPORTS TO: Rocky Mountain Hotel Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain a safe, secure, and clean environment at the Noble Hotel for NOLS staff, students, and visitors. Carry out periodic daily rounds of the Noble, checking for maintenance, safety, security, or other problems. Assist with housekeeping duties as needed. Act as a point of contact for NOLS Rocky Mountain or for other NOLS departments as needed.
- Work ethic—responsible and self-motivated.
- Customer service—pleasant and helpful when interfacing with students, staff, and the public.
- Physical abilities—must be able to climb stairs, work from a ladder, and lift 35lbs.
- Other work areas—perform some housekeeping chores, assist with sidewalk snow removal, and lobby organization.
- Computer skills—be able to use Google and Microsoft Excel or be quick to learn.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervision of students as needed. Must be able to intervene if NOLS policy is being violated.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for security of lobby cash drawer and accurate accounting. Responsible for managing hotel keys.
- Interact with and support Noble Hotel guests.
- Manage hotel rosters and rented rooms.
- Handle retail sales, and be accountable for a cash drawer. Maintain accurate money records and receipts.
- Answer and direct telephone calls and assist with intradepartmental logistics.
- Sort, distribute, and forward student and instructor mail.
- Maintain package logs.
- Keep front desk, mailroom, mezzanine, and lobby areas clean.
- Assist with some housekeeping duties.
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems.
- Perform other tasks or special assignments as coordinated by their supervisor, including NOLS field or classroom work if qualified.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY.
EMPLOYMENT DETAILS: This is a full-time, temporary position with NOLS field and/ or classroom work as a possibility if interested. Hours will be Monday - Friday, 2pm to 10pm. The length of employment would be until the end of September. There may be a possibility to extend this agreement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Andy Blair, Rocky Mountain Assistant Director.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: August 2021.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.