JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Kitchen Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Kitchen Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support for students and instructors for all NOLS Pacific Northwest courses. Provide adequate and healthy meals to students and staff.
- Experience, education and/ or interest in food service and kitchen management.
- Desire to work, teach, and interact with NOLS students and instructors.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as needed.
- Must be a team player who can work collaboratively with others and works with the best interests of the team in mind.
- Must be able to work flexible and irregular hours including weekends, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
- Physically able to pick up and carry up to 40 lbs, and to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during clean-up tasks. Provide supervision to students while driving courses to and from the field.
- Assist with ordering, menu planning, sourcing, and weekly shopping.
- Prepare meals for sittings ranging from 20-120 people.
- Assist with management of food for the staff kitchen/commons.
- Responsible for upkeep of kitchen equipment and facilities.
- Maintain the sanitation and organization of the kitchen and dining area to meet the standards of the Skagit County Health Department.
- Drive NOLS vehicles and trailers to support courses and operational logistics.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required for all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy: All employees who are not working remotely and who do not have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, WA. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: 360-445-6657 ext 3221
Contact: Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 7, 2022.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 9, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.