JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Food Services and Finance Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Rations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support for students and instructors for all NOLS Pacific Northwest courses. Assist with the planning, ordering, and preparation of food for NOLS Pacific Northwest backcountry expeditions. Assist with NOLS Pacific Northwest financial reporting and accounting.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, when needed.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
- Physically able to pick up and carry up to 40 lbs, and to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during course preparation and end of course processes. Provide supervision to students while driving courses to and from the field.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for accounting of cash advances, gas card requisitions, and check receipts.
- Assist with planning, ordering, and preparation of food for backcountry expeditions.
- Assist with food preparation for meals served on campus.
- Maintain a high standard of sanitation and organization to meet the standards of the Skagit County Health Department.
- Facilitate students and staff in healthy backcountry food planning and preparation.
- Responsible for upkeep of food services equipment and facilities.
- Assist with the accounting of cash advances, gas card requisitions, and check receipts.
- Drive NOLS vehicles and trailers to support courses and operational logistics.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required for all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, WA. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 22, 2021.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 24 through July 30, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.