JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Facilities and Fleet Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent service and support to staff and students at NOLS Pacific Northwest by maintaining a safe, clean, and functional campus infrastructure, and vehicles and trailer fleets.
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment and communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Experience with physical plant maintenance, construction, and/or carpentry.
- Able to operate landscaping equipment and power tools.
- Must be able to work from a ladder, and be physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, and lift (up to 40 lbs).
- Able to work flexible and irregular hours, including some weekends and holidays, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Contract external service providers for projects. Provide oversight and quality control on work performed by outside vendors such as plumbers and electricians. Supervise the use of vehicles and trailers. Train and assess staff for Defensive Driver certification.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage spending for vehicle and plant maintenance budgets (approximately $35,000) in collaboration with Operations Manager. Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, and repair of campus equipment, facilities, and vehicles.
- Maintain and repair facilities, including minor electrical, carpentry, painting, and plumbing projects.
- Maintain maintenance records and manuals of all equipment, and adhere to NOLS financial practices.
- Participate in planning, and execution of capital asset projects to improve and sustain long-term quality of the campus facilities, vehicles, and tools.
- Assess, prioritize, and contract maintenance projects to outside vendors.
- Ensure NOLS vehicles are cleaned and regularly maintained; perform minor vehicle maintenance when necessary.
- Oversee regular cleaning of campus facilities.
- Manage garbage and recycling on a regular schedule.
- Maintain lawn and grounds; safely operate lawn care equipment including lawn mowers, lawn tractor, weed trimmer, chain saw, and hand tools.
- Coordinate vehicle assignments to support course logistics.
- Maintain positive positive business relationships with local vendors.
- Drive NOLS vehicles and trailers to support courses and operational logistics.
- Assist with tasks in other departments as requested by PNW Operations Manager.
- Undertake special projects in off-season as assigned by the PNW Operations Manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Employment is contingent on having a clean driving history and ability to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, WA. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Debbie Derbish, NOLS Operations Office Manager
Contact: Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 22, 2021
STARTING DATE: This position begins on April 5, 2021 and is a 7-8 month seasonal position.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.