JOB TITLE: Operations Budget and Business Compliance Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
JOB OBJECTIVE: NOLS Operations Budget and Business Compliance Director leads Operations budget and business systems. They perform business data management to inform decisions regarding expedition course mix size, and faculty development and contracting strategies. Also responsible for coordinating routines that ensure business and labor compliance at campuses outside the U.S. Directly supervises one Operations department.
- Four to five years experience in data business data analysis.
- Experience building and managing complex budgets, across multiple international locations.
- The Operations Budget and Business Compliance Director be able to provide data analysis that serves as relevant information for decision-making.
- We seek a candidate with professional experience in budget analysis and business operations.
- Experience building positive leadership environments that embody equity and inclusion for diverse teams.
- Experience leading teams in dynamic environments and through change.
- Must be able to think both creatively and critically, bringing a systemic lens on large amounts of detail.
- History of initiative and leading collaborative decision-making.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The Operations Budget and Business Compliance Director has both strategic and data management responsibility for Operations budgets that include: campus operations, Custom Education, Field Staffing, Expedition Admissions, and Expedition and Leadership Education.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: The Operations Budget and Business Compliance Director oversees data management and reporting for Operations budget of approximately $25M. Responsible for business compliance routines for 5-7 non-US campuses.
- Contribute strategic input and data management for Operations budgets that include: campus operations, Custom Education, Field Staffing, Expedition Admissions, and Expedition and Leadership Education.
- Gather data to increase campus budget efficiency through standardization of inputs based on program size and location.
- Oversee business compliance routines for 5-7 non-US campuses.
- Facilitate annual budget creation for Operations division.
- Synthesize financial and program data to support Operations planning, projections, and reporting.
- Directly supervise Expedition Admissions or Custom Education department.
- Analyze data to inform decisions regarding expedition course mix size, faculty development, faculty contracting strategies, and business development priorities.
- Collaborate on school-wide workgroups and committees.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION & CONDITIONS: This position could be remote and would require two extended visits to Lander, WY annually to align with key department responsibilities. Options for remote work are limited to the following U.S. states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We can also support an employee in any other country where NOLS has a campus.
The starting pay range for this position is $55 - 60,000 per year, dependent on experience. Other benefits include: 403 B, 403 B contribution after one year, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Operations Office Manager Debbie Derbish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 30, 2021.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visitinglink.