JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Staffing Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Staffing Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Wilderness Medicine Staffing Assistant works closely with the staffing manager, staffing coordinators, logistics coordinator, and bookkeeper as the primary financial facilitator for Wilderness Medicine instructors. Additionally, this position provides backup support to Wilderness Medicine staffing and bookkeeping around the staffing plan implementation and sponsor billing.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong communication skills and attention to detail are the keystones of this position. The Staffing Assistant (SA) must possess the ability to work independently, solve problems creatively, and prioritize complex variables. The position relies on learning and utilizing a clear understanding of the NOLS Wilderness Medicine mission, organizational system, and sponsor and instructor policies to perform the responsibilities listed. Required skills include computer literacy and email capabilities. Preferred skills include background in basic accounting and course experience with Wilderness Medicine.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Functions as an integral member of the NOLS Wilderness Medicine Staffing Team. Serves as primary support to the Wilderness Medicine Bookkeeper for reimbursement processing. Networks internally with all Wilderness Medicine administrative staff to update database records, ensuring accuracy and validity of information. Communicates regularly with Wilderness Medicine instructors to coordinate and report on the status of financial transactions. Serves as primary liaison between the Wilderness Medicine department and NOLS Finance payroll teams to prepare and submit instructor contracts.
- 70% - Coordinates NOLS Wilderness Medicine instructor financial support. Works with Wilderness Medicine Bookkeeper to process instructor reimbursements (1,500+ annually). Prepares Wilderness Medicine instructor contracts for bimonthly submission to NOLS Finance ($1.6 million annually), which includes tracking details in Wilderness Medicine’s database and facilitating time card collection for some contract locations. Also supports processes for human resources paperwork collection and annual faculty position training fund, as well as other varieties of requisition paperwork.
- 10% - Supports instructors using Roll Call--NOLS Wilderness Medicine’s online roster platform. Corresponds with instructors to troubleshoot and process requests as needed by the Wilderness Medicine Admissions Team and the Wilderness Medicine Bookkeeper.
- 10% - Manages ongoing office projects that directly support instructors on course.
- 5% - Assists NOLS Wilderness Medicine Bookkeeper with reconciling daily bank deposits and sponsor billing.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Carolina Clemente.
Contact Carolina Clemente with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 22, 2018.
STARTING DATE: July 9, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.