JOB TITLE: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Kitchen Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Oversee all aspects of the kitchen at NOLS Three Peaks Ranch, serving around 20-30 people/meal. This includes menu planning, food ordering and cooking healthy and tasty meals for Three Peaks students, field faculty, in town staff and visitors. Create a positive and welcoming working and living environment in the cookhouse.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, initiative, self-motivation, a strong work ethic, creativity and problem solving ability required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to learn, live and work in a small community, and maintain a positive environment.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently without direct supervision.
- Desire to learn about and execute cooking healthy food.
- Must be able to accommodate an ever-changing work schedule, which may include working weekends, 13+hour days, and 50+ hour weeks.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Create a welcoming kitchen and dining environment. Coach, as needed, students, instructors, and staff on kitchen expectations and best practices.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Work directly with the supervisor to develop and maintain a kitchen budget. Responsible for petty cash, credit cards, kitchen related receipts and accounts, totalling approximately $30,000 per year. Responsible for proper care, cleaning, and maintenance of kitchen facilities.
- IInventory, order and stock all kitchen supplies within budget.
- Provide healthy, nutritious home-cooked meals for horsepacking courses and Wilderness Medicine students when they are at Three Peaks.
- Stock kitchen with staples for staff and supplementary items for resupplies.
- Maintain communication and work closely and effectively in a team setting with others.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with all food vendors, local businesses, and the local community.
- Maintain a sanitary and organized kitchen facility.
- Supervise others in light kitchen preparation and cleanup duties.
- Perform other tasks as necessary, such as course drop offs/pick-ups, course evacuation drives, transportation and maintenance tasks.
- Work with a supervisor to create a balanced work schedule - much will be self- motivated.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Three Peaks Ranch in Boulder, Wyoming. Private housing and food is provided on-site, throughout employment, for a small fee. Kitchen and living areas are communal.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to McKenzie Woolley, NOLS Three Peaks Ranch Manager.
Contact: McKenzie Woolley with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 3, 2022
EMPLOYMENT DATES: Early May/Early June through August/September, 2022 (dates flexible).
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.