JOB TITLE: NOLS Teton Valley Winter Equipment Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Teton Valley Program Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Facilitate all gear preparation and needs for students and instructors for all courses out of NOLS Teton Valley. Oversee all aspects of the equipment management including: inventory, budget, purchasing, issue and de-issue of field courses, repair. Ensure training in equipment use and maintenance for NOLS Teton Valley staff and students.
- Self-motivated individual with organizational skills.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) about technical gear for backcountry skiing courses.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including ability to supervise assistants.
- Familiarity with point-of-sales systems, managing budgets.
- Physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, frequently traverse the work area, and be in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry 60 lbs. Examples include but are not limited to: duffels of gear, merchandise, racks.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including long days, weekends and holidays, long days.
- Desire to live and work in a small, rural community setting.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Collaborate with program manager on program needs, long-term planning, and student services specific to gear.
- Supervise instructors, students, and staff on best gear practices and maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records of NOLS Teton Valley equipment issue and de-issue, sales, inventory, equipment maintenance.
- Participate as a member of the NOLS Teton Valley leadership team.
- Oversee the outfitting, including issue and de-issue for all winter NOLS Teton Valley courses.
- Provide training and supervision for equipment staff in maintenance and issuing.
- Maintain an inventory of outdoor equipment.
- Run equipment briefings for instructor teams.
- Supervise data entry and financial reports for cash register point-of-sales system.
- Help out, as asked, by NOLS Teton Valley program manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Teton Valley, Driggs, Idaho. Staff eat at no charge with students; there are no meals provided outside of student meals. On-campus, yurt housing available.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Sarah Martin, Winter Teton Valley Program Manager.
Contact: Sarah Martin with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 24, 2021
STARTING DATE: November 29, 2021
END DATE: February 18, 2022
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link..