JOB TITLE: Teton Valley Kitchen Manager-Fall
REPORTS TO: Teton Valley Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Directly responsible for menu planning, ordering, and preparation of meals for course students and staff. Maintain a high standard of sanitation for the kitchen area. Seek out local, sustainable food and use sustainable kitchen practices when able. Provide logistical support to NOLS Teton Valley as assigned. This is a short term position, with the option of staying to cook through the winter season (December through March.)
- Hard-working, efficient person with a desire to cook great food for our students and staff.
- Experience with cooking for large groups, menu planning, food ordering, and preparation is valuable.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, initiative, creativity and problem-solving ability required.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and flexibility in scheduling work hours are a must, along with the ability to competently and cheerfully work long days.
- Desire to live and work in a small community.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The kitchen manager assumes primary responsibility for our vendor relationship with US Foods and makes food orders. The kitchen manager will supervise one assistant.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manages kitchen budget.
90% - Kitchen management to include the following:
- Provide healthy home cooked meals for students and staff
- Work closely and effectively in a team setting with in-town and field staff
- Inventory, order and stock all kitchen supplies within budget
- Grocery shop for items not available through bulk vendors
- Develop and maintain positive relations with all food vendors
- Supervise field staff and students in light kitchen preparation and cleanup duties
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and organization in the kitchen
- May be asked to help with additional facility tasks such as: general facility upkeep and maintenance, cleaning, and driving.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Teton Valley; Driggs, Idaho.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Rick Richter, Summer Teton Valley Program Manager.
Contact: Rick with any questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: September 1, 2021
END DATE: October 29, 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.