JOB TITLE: NOLS Teton Valley Equipment Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Teton Valley Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Facilitate all gear preparation and needs for students and instructors for all courses out of NOLS Teton Valley. Oversee all aspects of the equipment management including: inventory, budget, purchasing, issue and de-issue of field courses, and repair. Ensure training in equipment use and maintenance for NOLS Teton Valley staff and students.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational skills.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) about technical gear for hiking, fishing, and backcountry skiing-based trips.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including ability to supervise assistants.
- Familiarity with point-of-sales systems, managing budgets, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, frequently traverse the work area, and be in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry 60 lbs. Examples include, but are not limited to, duffels of gear, merchandise, racks, and boxes of gear.
- Able to work flexible schedule, including long days, and weekends and holidays.
- Desire to live and work in small community in a rural setting.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Directly supervise operations assistants during operating seasons.
- Collaborate with director/assistant director on program needs, long-term planning, and student services specific to gear.
- Supervise instructors, students, and staff on best gear practices and maintenance.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Budgetary oversight of approximately $100,000 of expenses and revenues.
- Maintain accurate records of NOLS Teton Valley equipment issue and de-issue, sales; inventory; equipment maintenance; and safety logbooks.
- Participate as a member of the NOLS Teton Valley leadership team.
- Oversee the outfitting, including issue and de-issue, for all land-based NOLS Teton Valley courses.
- Provide training and supervision for equipment staff in maintenance, issuing, inventory, and sales.
- Order and maintain an inventory of outdoor equipment.
- Create a long-term purchasing strategy that includes equipment rotation and an annual equipment sale.
- Supervise the equipment briefing preparations for instructor teams.
- Supervise data entry and financial reports for cash register point-of-sales system.
- Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned by NOLS Teton Valley Assistant Director.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: This is a nine-month position at NOLS Teton Valley in Driggs, Idaho, at the foot of the western side of the Teton Range (40 minutes from Jackson Hole, WY). On-campus, rustic housing may be available for a small fee.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Patrick Solomon, NOLS Teton Valley Assistant Director.
Contact Patrick Solomon with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled, interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
STARTING DATE: June 3, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.