JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in the NOLS Rocky Mountain rations (field food) department. Specifically, oversee all student and instructor food allergies and preferences. Provide nutritious food to NOLS courses. Aid in educating on basic nutrition, meal planning, and on the NOLS bulk rationing system.
QUALIFICATIONS: Desire to learn about bulk field rations, cooking, and field nutrition. Desire to provide excellent customer service. Must display strong organizational skills and strong work ethic. Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work both independently and on a team. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry 30 lbs. Examples include, but are not limited to, bags of flour, boxes of food, and shelving units. Able to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays. Working ability in Microsoft Office and Google suites.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Help train, orient, and supervise seasonal staff. Supervise field staff in their course rations preparations. Supervise students and the public in the food room.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Will process transactions through cash register. Performs inventory and tracking for all food orders.
- Assist supervisor with executing all aspects of issuing rations.
- Conduct the Rations Department orientation talks for student groups.
- Share responsibility for maintenance and cleaning of the facility.
- Assist with creating specific food packages for students with dietary restrictions.
- Communicate with students, parents, and admissions officers regarding dietary concerns.
- Assist assistant rations manager with inventory, as well as food-supply ordering and receiving.
- Maintain and update course and vendor paperwork, including tracking course pricing.
- Assist public, instructors, alumni, and private groups with food purchases.
- Operate the cash register.
- Perform duties and special projects, as assigned by the rations manager.
- May work some NOLS courses if candidate is qualified instructor.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY.
WORK DETAILS: This is a full-time, salaried, benefited position.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Andy Blair, Rock Mountain Assistant Director.
Phone: (307) 332-1425
Contact Andy Blair with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 9, 2019.
STARTING DATE: August 16, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.