JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Assistant - Summer
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Manager and/or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: To assist with all facets of NOLS Rocky Mountain rations (field food) department operations.
- Motivated and detail-oriented.
- Able to work flexible hours and some weekends.
- People-oriented with a good sense of humor.
- Comfortable engaging with the public, instructors, and students.
- Able to lift and carry 40+ lbs—this primarily includes bulk food boxes and bags.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Responsible for helping to supervise staff in their food preparations. Supervise students, and the public, while they are in the food room.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible and accountable for transactions placed through cash register.
- Execute bulk food organization and packaging for courses.
- Work with students and instructors in bagging their own food.
- Help to stock food and maintain cleanliness.
- Special projects.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Kerry Noonan, NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Assistant Manager.
Contact Kerry with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 26, 2019.
STARTING DATE: Late May or June 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.