JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Assistant - Spring & Summer
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Manager and/or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in the NOLS Rocky Mountain rations (field food) department. Provide nutritious food. Aid in educating on basic nutrition, meal planning, and on the NOLS bulk rationing system.
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, and committed to excellence.
- Self-directed, efficient, and able to make decisions independently.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds. Examples include but are not limited to, bags of flour, boxes and duffle bags of food, and shelving units.
- Desire to interact with NOLS students, instructors, and in-town staff.
- Desire to learn about bulk field rations, cooking, and field nutrition.
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Responsible for helping to supervise staff in their food preparations. Supervise students, and the public, while they are in the food room.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible and accountable for transactions placed through cash register.
- Bag and divide course rations and re-rations
- Receive and put away food orders.
- Restock bulk food bins.
- Facilitate informative meetings with instructors regarding the rationing process.
- Supervise instructors and students throughout the rationing process.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary rations facility.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Rocky Mountain rations manager.
- Provide timely and growth-oriented feedback to supervisors and co-workers.
- Assist with public food sales.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is an hourly, summer position. Meals are provided when provided for students. Housing not included.
HOW TO APPLY: send a cover letter and resume to: John Sims, NOLS Rocky Mountain Rations Manager.
Contact John with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible. This is a full time 3-6 month position. Housing and meals are not provided.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.