JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Create a welcoming and supportive environment for Rocky Mountain students, staff and the public. Manage sales and rentals of outfitting equipment and merchandise to students, instructors, intown staff, and the public. Facilitate instructor equipment preparation. Issue and de-issue gear for expedition students. Track inventory, and oversee and maintain all outfitting equipment. Supervise and train seasonal outfitting assistants.
- Commitment to providing a positive work atmosphere for instructors and students.
- Knowledge of the function and use of outfitting equipment.
- Effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Helpful and supportive attitude when working with staff, students, or the public.
- High attention to detail.
- Flexible schedule- working early mornings and weekends are required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise staff during gear processes. Provide training in equipment maintenance and repair for instructors and seasonal outfitting employees.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Operate cash registers for sales and rentals. Safeguard student valuables, cash register drawers, and facility keys.
- Supervise seasonal outfitting staff.
- Issue gear to students and instructors.
- Perform hiking and ski boot-fitting duties.
- Provide assistance to instructors with pre-course preparation.
- Take a leadership role in promoting a sense of ownership for course equipment.
- Prep instructors on all aspects of their course equipment needs before and after course.
- Monitor outfitting equipment inventory and maintain an adequate stock of equipment for efficient outfitting.
- Inspect and repair field gear as necessary.
- Oversee the laundering of course gear.
- Act as the Outfitting Manager in the Manager’s absence.
- Perform special projects and other duties, including working field or classroom courses if qualified.
- Supervise and provide training for data entry and sales and rental transactions on the Point Of Sale • Inventory Management (POS•IM) system.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: Lander, WY. This is a full-time, salaried, benefitted position. Meals are provided when provided for students. Housing not included.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Tony Romans, Rocky Mountain Office Manager
Contact Tony Romans with questions.
Closing Date For Applications: March 9, 2020
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.