JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Create a welcoming and supportive environment for Rocky Mountain students, staff and the public. Manage sales and rentals of outfitting equipment and merchandise to students, instructors, intown staff, and the public. Facilitate instructor equipment preparation. Issue and de-issue gear for expedition students. Track inventory, and oversee and maintain all outfitting equipment. Supervise and train seasonal outfitting assistants.
- The NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Assistant Manager must be highly motivated with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- High attention to detail is necessary.
- Applicant must possess a pleasant and approachable manner with students, faculty, alumni and the public, as well as a commitment to providing a positive working environment for all.
- Experience using and/or repairing field equipment is highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Google suite is necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays, is required.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Supervise instructors, students, and staff during issue and de-issue processes.
- Provide training in equipment maintenance and repair for instructors.
- Train and supervise seasonal outfitting assistants, operating assistants, and fellows as necessary.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage outfitting and/or merchandise inventories (valued at $300,000 and $250,000 respectively) to support 1000+ students annually, while making recommendations on equipment rotation, acquisition, and repair practices. Operate cash registers for sales and rentals. Safeguard student valuables, cash register drawers, and facility keys.
- Plan, organize, and supervise students and field staff during briefing, issue and de-issue days.
- Maintain equipment issue sheets and handle student equipment charges.
- Perform hiking and ski boot-fitting duties.
- Provide assistance to instructors with pre-course preparation.
- Take a leadership role in promoting a sense of ownership for course equipment.
- Prep instructors on all aspects of their course equipment needs before and after course.
- Receiving and inventorying incoming orders of group, rental, and merchandise gear. Participation in biannual merchandise inventory.
- Maintain equipment in a clean, safe, and functional condition.
- Provide instruction and training in equipment repair and maintenance for staff, students, and instructors.
- Oversee upkeep and management of Outfitting facilities.
- Act as the Outfitting Manager in the Manager’s absence.
- Perform special projects and other duties, including working field or classroom courses if qualified.
- Understand and provide training for data entry and sales and rental transactions on the Point Of Sale • Inventory Management (POS•IM) system.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: Lander, WY. This is a salaried, benefitted position. Housing not included.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: Jeremy Cronon, NOLS Rocky Mountain Outfitting Manager.
Phone: (307) 332-1420
Contact: Jeremy with questions.
Closing Date For Applications: March 1, 2021
STARTING DATE: April 1, 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.