JOB TITLE: Rocky Mountain Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Rocky Mountain Maintenance Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Work with department staff to implement department maintenance goals and building projects at all RM locations--- NOLS Rocky Mountain, Noble Hotel, Cirque Center, World Headquarters, River Base, Three Peaks Ranch and Teton Valley. Help to provide staff and students with a safe, clean and comfortable working and living environment in all of these locations.
- A working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to interact comfortably and positively with a variety of people.
- Perform physical work under a variety of conditions indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Climb and work from a ladder.
- Operate a variety of electric shop and landscaping equipment.
- Be able to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to function independently.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision, and make initial decisions in emergency situations.
- Must meet NOLS driving requirements and maintain a current MVR.
- Travel to NOLS Rocky Mountain facilities in Vernal, UT, Boulder, WY and Driggs, ID when necessary.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Must be able to assume responsibility for special projects and temporary employees, as assigned by the NOLS Rocky Mountain maintenance supervisor or plant/facilities manager. May contribute to facility management decisions.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Employee is expected to understand the scope of the plant budget, and demonstrate good judgment when buying materials, tools, and equipment, or when costing out projects.
- Perform preventative and remedial maintenance, service checks, and safety inspections, as outlined in the plant/facilities operations calendar.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special projects at all NOLS Rocky Mountain locations and the NOLS HQ building. Proactively plan for safety and security concerns. Seasonal duties include leaf raking, snow removal, mowing, and landscaping.
- Keep all plant/facilities working and storage areas clean and orderly. Monitor recycling and make recycling trips, as necessary.
- Travel to River Base, Three Peaks Ranch and possible NOLS Teton Valley for maintenance and facility needs.
- Perform other tasks or duties as required by department supervisors, including NOLS field work, if qualified.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is a 3/4 time, benefitted position.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to: David Smithson, NOLS Rocky Mountain Facilities Manager.
Contact Dave with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 11, 2021.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.