JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Kitchen Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Assistant Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Oversee the production of nutritious meals. Maintain a clean, friendly, and welcoming kitchen and dining room.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience and/or education in food service and kitchen management. Strong communication and organizational skills, self-motivation, and a strong work ethic. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Flexible hours are required; the schedule includes early mornings and some weekend work. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Basic computer skills. Knowledge of planning and budgeting.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise assistant kitchen manager and part-time and seasonal assistants. Oversee kitchen.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Develop kitchen budget and control expenditures for $200,000 of annual spending.
- Execute meal schedule within operating plan. Plan menu, purchase inventory, clean, and maintain work areas. Observe all health department regulations and work as a shift cook in the schedule.
- Construct budget and track monthly financial reports, maintain purchasing and pricing records, requisition all invoices, and plan all equipment purchases and maintenance.
- Hire staff, arrange training, schedule staff, and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Meet weekly with NOLS Rocky Mountain managers, cater occasional special events, and execute special projects.
- NOLS field work, if qualified, and schedule and interest permit.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to Andy Blair, NOLS Rocky Mountain Assistant Director.
Contact Andy with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 4, 2019.
STARTING DATE: April 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.