JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Kitchen Assistant - Summer
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Kitchen Manager and/or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist with preparation of nutritious, delicious meals and meal clean-up for in-town meals. Pack meals accurately for remote course pick-ups. Maintain a clean and sanitary workplace. Actively contribute to an inclusive, positive, hard-working culture in the kitchen and dining room.
- Desire to cook and/or bake simple products, able to follow a recipe, and comfortable asking for clarification/help.
- Effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and follow through with tasks independently.
- Positive, friendly approach to student-service.
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, and committed to excellence.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs, working while standing for extended periods of time, functioning well in outdoor conditions (e.g. hot summer days while cooking on a grill).
- Commitment to cleanliness and organization.
- Food preparation and service.
- Observe all health department regulations.
- Maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and dining room.
- Transport food to NOLS Rocky Mountain.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required for all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy: All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is an hourly, summer seasonal position. The position will plan on 40 hours of work per week, with occasional weekend hours. Housing available for a small fee.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to Katie Craig, NOLS Rocky Mountain Operations Manager.
Phone: (307) 332-1410
Contact: Katie with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 18, 2022.
STARTING DATE: MMay/June through August/September, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.