JOB TITLE: NOLS Rocky Mountain Kitchen Assistant - Summer
REPORTS TO: NOLS Rocky Mountain Kitchen Manager and/or Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain a clean and sanitary workplace. Assist with food preparation and meal clean-up for in-town meals. Pack meals accurately for remote course pick-ups. Actively contribute to an inclusive, positive, hard-working culture in the kitchen and dining room.
- SelfSelf-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, flexible with changing plans, able to maintain a growth-oriented mindset and sense of humor.
- Able to follow directions and interact comfortably, politely, and effectively with students, instructors and in-town staff.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs, working while standing for extended periods of time, functioning well in outdoor conditions (e.g. hot summer days while cooking on a grill).
- Commitment to cleanliness and organization.
- Interest in learning to cook and/or bake simple products, ability to follow a recipe, and comfort with asking for clarification/help as necessary.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: N/A
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: N/A
- Food preparation and service.
- Maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and dining room.
- Transport food to NOLS Rocky Mountain.
- Special projects, as assigned, including NOLS field instruction, if qualified.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required for all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Rocky Mountain, Lander, WY. This is an hourly, summer position. Meals are provided when provided for students. Housing not included.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to Meagan Binkley, NOLS Rocky Mountain Kitchen Manager.
Contact Meagan with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 15, 2020.
STARTING DATE: May 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.