JOB TITLE: NOLS River Base Transportation Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS River Base Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain vehicle fleet and train driving staff to provide reliable transportation. Schedule and oversee vehicle use course and student transport. Assist in facilities upkeep and daily operations of River Base. Coordinate with Lander, WY based transportation department for vehicle upkeep, use and rotation. Contribute to a positive, supportive work environment driven by student service.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Must have a desire to interact positively with students and work in a small community.
- Lead and organize an intown operational support team.
- Affinity to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with others.
- Work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.
- Curiosity about basic vehicle maintenance and mechanics.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Plan vehicle use. Brief staff on river put-in/take-out locations, and oversee loading/unloading practices. Offer and receive timely feedback.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for managing a fleet of six + vehicles and six trailers. Independently keep records on vehicle maintenance. Manage direct purchases utilizing a company Visa card.
- Coordinate vehicle use and maintenance for River Base operations and as part of the larger Rocky Mountain team.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repair as skills allow.
- Schedule necessary maintenance and service as necessary.
- Drive students and equipment for 500+ miles at a time.
- Supervise Defensive Driver training for field faculty and in-town staff.
- Maintain a flexible and supportive work and living environment.
- Perform facilities maintenance as skills and schedule allow.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage. Funding and training to obtain a commercial driver’s license may be available.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: Vernal, UT. This is a full-time, seasonal position. Housing is provided with food when associated with course meals.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Teresa Miller, River Base Manager.
Phone: (805) 748-6955Contact Teresa Miller, River Base Manager, with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 20, 2020
STARTING DATE: ASAP.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.