JOB TITLE: NOLS River Base Program Supervisor
REPORTS TO: NOLS River Base Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise NOLS faculty, ensuring program quality to promote student and faculty excellence. Support faculty in delivering exceptional student experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS: A passion for the NOLS mission. Outdoor program and staff management experience. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, supervisory, facilitation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must maintain active field faculty status.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise and mentor field faculty, including instructor briefings and debriefings. Serve as a communication link between NOLS administration and faculty.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage petty cash and credit card use as necessary.
- Facilitate growth-oriented briefings and debriefings.
- Ensure faculty understand NOLS Accepted Field Practices.
- Apply NOLS Instructor Qualifications and Performance Expectations in evaluating faculty performance.
- Write faculty evaluations.
- Organize and review all course-related paperwork.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages field staff and students to feel relaxed, supported, and focused going into the field.
- Share evacuation coordinator duties by carrying a 24-hour emergency phone during operating season.
- Assist with operations – outfitting, rations, meal and vehicle preparation, course drives, and facilities upkeep as necessary to maintain excellent student service.
- Actively guide and mentor field staff in their professional development at NOLS.
- Assist in the management of field evacuations and in-town incidents as needed.
- Assume or assist with other projects supervised by program manager or assistant program manager.
- May be required to act as a fill-in field instructor. Must maintain active instructor status.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS River Base - Vernal, UT
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Pam Rosal, NOLS River Base Manager.
Contact Pam Rosal with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 1, 2018
STARTING DATE: Flexible. Hiring for August to November and February to May. Individual employment could last from three to seven months. The position may be hired as either a salary-faculty position or a fall seasonal position.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.