JOB TITLE: NOLS River Base Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS River Base Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise NOLS faculty and staff. Orchestrate smooth field, logistical and facility operations to promote student and staff excellence. Support faculty in delivering exceptional student experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS: A passion for the NOLS mission. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, supervisory, facilitation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Outdoor program and staff management experience preferred. Active NOLS field faculty status preferred.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise and mentor NOLS faculty and in-town staff.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage petty cash and credit card use as necessary. Check writing authority. Manage equipment, and rations budget.
- Orchestrate all operations activities – gear, food and vehicle preparation, course drives, and facilities upkeep (as necessary) to maintain excellent student service.
- Facilitate growth-oriented training and supervision for in-town staff.
- Actively guide and mentor staff in their professional development at NOLS.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages all staff and students to feel relaxed, supported, and focused going into the field.
- Assist with growth-oriented field course briefing and debriefing as needed.
- Share evacuation coordinator duties by carrying a 24-hour emergency phone during operating season.
- Assist in the management of field evacuations and in-town incidents as needed.
- Assume or assist with other projects supervised by program manager, or assistant program manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates In E-verify
MOTOR VEHICLE CHECK: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS River Base - Vernal, UT
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Pam Rosal, NOLS River Base Manager
Contact Pam Rosal with questions
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 20, 2018
STARTING DATE: Mid-October. Position is ¾ time. Operating season runs from mid-February to mid November. Benefits may be offered.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.