JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Transportation and Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support for students and instructors for all NOLS Pacific Northwest courses by transporting courses and providing operational support on campus.
- Enthusiasm for creating and supporting a positive campus culture.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
- Physically able to pick up and carry up to 40 lbs, and to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Occasional supervision of students during some course start and end days and while transporting them.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: N/A.
- Perform transportation tasks, such as course resupplies, drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Assist with maintenance of vehicle fleet and NOLS PNW Campus.
- Assist in with equipment, rations, and the kitchen.
- Follow NOLS’ standard bookkeeping practices when making purchases with NOLS funds.
- Take responsibility for the proper care, cleaning, and maintenance of campus facilities, equipment, and vehicles.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, Washington. On-campus housing and food staples available for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: (360) 445-6657 ext 3221
Contact Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 17, 2020.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: June 29 through July 10, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.