JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Transportation and Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support by transporting courses to and from the field, and providing operational support on campus.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment
- History of providing excellent customer service is a must
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as needed
- Must be a team player who can work collaboratively with others and works with the best interests of the team in mind
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, lift (up to 40 lbs.), frequently walk, and stand for extended periods of time
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students while transporting them in vehicles, and during some course start and end days.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Attention to proper care, cleaning, and maintenance of campus facility, equipment, and vehicles. Follow NOLS’ standard bookkeeping practices when making purchases with NOLS funds.
- Perform transportation tasks such as course resupplies, trailhead drop-off, and pickup of courses.
- Assist with maintenance of vehicle fleet and NOLS PNW Campus.
- Assist in equipment, rations, or kitchen tasks.
- Provide timely and growth-oriented feedback to supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as requested by operations manager
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, Washinton. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: (360) 445-6657 ext 3221
Contact Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 7, 2019
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 19, 2019 through August 9, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.