JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Outdoor Equipment Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Outdoor Equipment Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support through facilitation of outdoor equipment outfitting, organization, maintenance, and instruction on use.
- Must be willing to learn about the technical equipment used for backpacking, mountaineering, keelboat sailing, sea kayaking, and rock climbing.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be a team player who can work collaboratively with others and work with the best interests of the team in mind.
- Able to work flexible and irregular hours, including some weekends and holidays, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
- Physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, lift (up to 40 lbs.), frequently walk, and stand for extended periods of time.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during equipment outfitting and de-issue process.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, and repair of equipment and facilities. Use point of sale program and cash register to cash-out students.
- Provide instruction and training in outdoor equipment care, repair, and maintenance.
- Maintain point of sale cash register and adhere to NOLS financial procedures.
- Clean and organize the workspace to high professional standards.
- Drive NOLS vehicles to support operational logistics.
- Provide timely and growth-oriented feedback to supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as requested by operations manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, WA. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: (360) 445-6657 ext. 3221
Contact Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 21, 2019.
- Position One: April 22, 2019 - October 15, 2019.
- Position Two: May 19 to August 9, 2019.
Please indicate in cover letter for which position(s) you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.