JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent service and support to staff and students at NOLS Pacific Northwest by maintaining a safe, clean, and functional campus infrastructure and vehicle fleet.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Able to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Able to operate landscaping equipment and power tools.
- Able to work from a ladder, and be physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, and lift (up to 75 pounds).
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise the use of vehicles and trailers. Assess staff for Defensive Driver certification.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, and repair of campus equipment, facilities, and vehicles.
- Ensure NOLS vehicles are cleaned and regularly maintained; perform minor vehicle maintenance when necessary.
- Oversee regular cleaning of campus facilities.
- Manage garbage and recycling on a regular schedule.
- Maintain lawn and grounds; safely operate lawn care equipment, including lawn mowers, lawn tractor, weed trimmer, chain saw, and hand tools.
- Coordinate vehicle assignments to support course logistics.
- Assist with course support, including driving students and staff.
- Assist with tasks in other departments as requested by PNW operations manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Pacific Northwest in Mount Vernon, Washington. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: (360) 445-6657 ext. 3221
Contact Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 17, 2020.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 25–August 28, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.