JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Pacific Northwest Fleet and Facilities Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent service to staff and students at NOLS Pacific Northwest. This position will provide behind the scenes support to the various operations departments at NOLS PNW - equipment, food services, facilities, and vehicles.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Able to operate landscaping equipment and power tools.
- Must be able to work from a ladder, and be physically able to bend, stoop, crouch, and lift (up to 40 lbs), frequently walk, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during the issue and de-issue process. Provide supervision to students while driving courses to and from the field.
- Support the pre and post course process by working in the Rations Room, Equipment Room, and/or Kitchen depending on needs.
- Assist with ensuring NOLS vehicles are cleaned and regularly maintained; perform minor vehicle maintenance when necessary.
- Assist with regular cleaning of campus facilities.
- Safely operate lawn care equipment including lawn mowers, lawn tractor, weed trimmer, chain saw, and hand tools.
- Drive NOLS vehicles and trailers to support courses and operational logistics.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as requested by operations manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy: All employees who are not working remotely and who do not have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Pacific Northwest in Mount Vernon, Washington. On-campus housing and food staples provided for a small fee, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: 360-445-6657 ext 3221
Contact: Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 7, 2022.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 9, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.