JOB TITLE: NOLS Northeast Seasonal Program Supervisor
REPORTS TO: NOLS Northeast Program Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise NOLS faculty, ensuring program quality to promote student and faculty excellence. Support faculty in delivering exceptional student experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS: A passion for the NOLS mission. Outdoor program and staff management experience. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, supervisory, facilitation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must maintain active field faculty status.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise and mentor field faculty, including instructor briefings and debriefings. Serve as a communication link between NOLS administration and faculty.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage NOLS Northeast petty cash and credit card use as necessary.
- Facilitate growth-oriented briefings and debriefings.
- Ensure faculty understand NOLS Accepted Field Practices.
- Apply NOLS Instructor Qualifications and Performance Expectations in evaluating faculty performance.
- Write faculty evaluations.
- Organize and review all course-related paperwork.
- Develop curriculum resources and maintain curriculum files, resources, and library.
- Network to support schoolwide programs and initiatives. Participate in program supervisor meetings.
- Share evacuation coordinator duties by carrying a 24-hour emergency phone during operating season.
- Assist with evacuations and duties associated (transports, follow through, clinic/ hospital visits).
- Facilitate communication with students, family members, and staff in complex and critical situations.
- Plan course routes and logistic schedules.
- Assume or assist with other projects
- Assist with operations – gear, rations, meal and vehicle preparation, course drives, and facilities upkeep as necessary to maintain excellent student service.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Northeast, located in Gabriels, NY in the heart of the Adirondack Park. Approximately 15 miles from Saranac Lake, NY and 20 miles from Lake Placid, NY.
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: This is a 10-14 week position with the possibility of a short NOLS field course.
HOW TO APPLY: Send PDF-formatted cover letter & resume as one PDF attachment to Jen Sall, NOLS Rocky Mountain Director.
Contact Whitney Emery with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 18, 2018.
START DATE: June 3, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.