JOB TITLE: NOLS Northeast Seasonal Access Partner Program Supervisor
REPORTS TO: NOLS Northeast Program Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise NOLS faculty focusing on Access Partner courses, ensuring program quality to promote student and faculty excellence—NOLS Northeast will run approximately 17 all-access partner courses in summer 2020. Support faculty in delivering exceptional student experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS: A passion for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the outdoors. Outdoor program and staff management experience. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, supervisory, facilitation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must hold a NOLS field instructor certification.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise and mentor field faculty, including instructor briefings and debriefings. Serve as a communication link between NOLS administration and faculty.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage NOLS Northeast petty cash and credit card use as necessary.
- Maintain current Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion curriculum and resources, work with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager to develop new curriculum.
- Work with NOLS NE diversity fellow(s) to support growth and potential field time.
- Facilitate growth-oriented field briefings and debriefings.
- Ensure faculty understand NOLS Accepted Field Practices.
- Apply NOLS Field Instructor Skills in evaluating faculty performance.
- Write faculty evaluations.
- Organize and review all course-related paperwork.
- Network to support schoolwide programs and initiatives. Participate in program supervisor meetings.
- Share evacuation coordinator duties by carrying a 24-hour emergency phone during the operating season.
- Assist with evacuations and duties associated (transports, follow through, clinic/ hospital visits)
- Facilitate communication with students, family members and staff in complex and critical situations.
- Plan course routes and logistics schedules.
- Assist with operations – gear, rations, meal and vehicle preparation, course drives, and facilities upkeep as necessary to maintain excellent student service.
- Assume or assist with other projects, assignments and duties as assigned. Responsibilities and duties of this role may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Northeast, located in Gabriels, NY, in the heart of the Adirondack Park. Approximately 15 miles from Saranac Lake, NY and 20 miles from Lake Placid, NY.
FOOD AND LODGING: Optional shared housing with communal use of kitchen and living areas for $50 per month. Meals are provided when students are at the NOLS Northeast campus.
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: This position is anticipated to last 10–14 weeks, with the possibility of working a 7–21 day NOLS field course during this time.
HOW TO APPLY: Send PDF-formatted cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment to Taylor Huntley, NOLS Northeast Program Manager
Contact Taylor Huntley with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 21, 2021.
STARTING DATE: Early June, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.