JOB TITLE: NOLS Expedition Faculty Summit Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Expedition Education Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Coordinate planning and execution of the annual NOLS Expedition Faculty Summit meeting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be proficient with computer systems used to manage logistics and account for financial records.
- This position requires being able to work both independently and proactively within the larger department and the school.
- Preferred experience as NOLS field instructor with a consistent record of strong field performance.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Advertise for, select, and supervise two technical assistants for online Summits and an intern/logistics assistant for in-person Summits.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage Expedition Faculty Summit budget of $25,000. Contract with service providers: online licenses in 2022 and with conference center and caterers for in-person Summit. Arrange online logistics and/or travel and lodging for external speakers.
- Lead the overall design and management of the Expedition Faculty Summit including:
-Provide leadership to the Summit Committee to coordinate all aspects of the Summit to maximize the attendee experience
-Collaborate with Expedition Faculty Summit Educational Chair to create the agenda
-Responsible for overall conference management including programming, advertising/marketing, enrollment and logistics
- Directly supervise the Expedition Faculty Summit technical assistants or intern/logistics assistant.
- Enlist logistical support assistance from interns in other NOLS departments.
- Provide leadership during the Summit to ensure successful event.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, WY or this position could be remote. Options for remote work are limited to the following U.S. states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. We can also support an employee in any other country where NOLS has a campus.
COVID POLICY: All employees who are not working remotely and who do not have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send PDF-formattted cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email: Shannon Rochelle with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 27, 2021
STARTING DATE: October 2021
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.