JOB TITLE: NOLS Expedition Admission Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide leadership to the NOLS expedition admission team. To lead the team in student enrollment and customer service priorities. To collaborate with NOLS locations and the marketing department to promote NOLS Expedition enrollment.
- Strong supervision and coaching skills, and the ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office/Google Drive applications, and a willingness to learn required NOLS systems.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: The admission manager will directly supervise a team of eight and collaborate with others in the department. Responsible for providing day-to-day direction to the admission officers. This person will support strategies for increasing applicant retention to meet enrollment goals while implementing NOLS’ admission policies.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for tracking some departmental expenses and generating reports. Responsible for a NOLS credit card.
- 45% - Team management: Provide guidance and structure to NOLS Expeditions admission team and to related projects.
- 30% - Enrollment: Oversee roster management, enrollment paperwork, and handle enrollment issues/complaints. Collaborate with NOLS locations to to provide support for enrolled students. Assist in tracking enrollment numbers, course demand, and availability. Provide input on course creation and cancellation.
- 10% - Analyze systems to create more efficient and effective ways to serve our students.
- 10% - Oversee and coordinate special admission processes.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Debbie Derbish
Contact Debbie Derbish with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 26, 2018.
START DATE: Early to mid November 2018.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.