JOB TITLE: NOLS Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: NOLS Senior Marketing Representative
JOB OBJECTIVE: Customer service representatives are one of the first points of contact for prospective and enrolled students. The position is responsible for providing excellent customer service via telephone, email, and chat for schoolwide offerings (Expeditions, Wilderness Medicine, Risk Services, and Custom Education). The customer service representative is a part of the Marketing Outreach team.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Passion for NOLS' mission and excitement about fulfilling it in creative ways
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for and ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly in person as well as through phone conversation and personal correspondence with a wide audience
- Must demonstrate a propensity for self-leadership.
- Excellent “expedition behavior”
- Collaborate to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Basic computer knowledge and willingness to learn required systems
- Experience with basic office skills, such as information tracking, filing, using spreadsheets, and data entry, is preferred
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There are no direct supervisory duties for this position, but cooperation skills are required. Must demonstrate a propensity for self-leadership with ability to balance being a member of a high-paced, admissions and marketing team while also remaining self-directed, seeking feedback, articulating needs, and maintaining a degree of ownership and responsibility.
Works as a team with the other Customer Service team members, especially as workloads shift seasonally. Works as a team with other admission and marketing, headquarters, and NOLS location staff.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for securing expedition deposits and tuition installments in a timely fashion, and for accurately communicating financial status of a student's account.
80% - Customer service: Communicate with prospective and enrolled students in-person or via phone, online chat, texting, and email regarding NOLS. Be well-versed in frequently asked questions about NOLS.
15% - Clerical support: Office tasks related to school-wide enrollment support, such as filing, database updates, reviewing simple forms, etc.
5% - Other projects as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required of all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, WY (remote work not available).
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to Erica Nelson, Senior Marketing Representative
Phone: 800-710-6657 x2336
Contact Erica Nelson with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 4, 2018.
STARTING DATE: TBD.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.