JOB TITLE: NOLS B2B Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Custom Education Director and NOLS Risk Services Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS B2B Sales Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing all elements of the NOLS Custom Education and NOLS Risk Services business-to-business sales strategy with the goal of increasing awareness and sales leads of these teams’ products. They will work closely with NOLS Marketing team to develop marketing and sales strategies and tools and oversee projects with these teams.
QUALIFICATIONS: Business and/or marketing-related degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred. Previous small to medium business sales and account management experience preferred. Ability to identify market opportunities, cultivate leads, and manage daily sales prospecting reports. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational, collaborative, and coalition-building skills are a plus; the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work in a self-directed manner is essential. Experience or willingness to learn the necessary computer applications to perform the job is required, including NOLS database applications, Google applications, social media platform, and HubSpot marketing automation/CRM platform. Some travel is expected.
This is a re-envisioned position. The successful candidate will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity and the ability to ask for direction when needed.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This person represents NOLS Custom Education and NOLS Risk Services to external audiences in person and in communications. Internally, they will function as a subject matter expert, and will support marketing strategies, business development, and account management.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Manage the NOLS Custom Education and NOLS Risk Services sales budget; responsible for a NOLS credit card.
- Envision and establish business-to-business sales strategy to serve primarily NOLS Custom Education and NOLS Risk Services. Generate qualified B2B sales leads through nurturing inbound leads and launching outbound strategy.
- Create, or direct creation of, content to support the NOLS business-to-business story. This may include, but is not limited to, content for the NOLS Blog, The Leader (NOLS alumni publication), Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other avenues. Content may be written, visual, and/or auditory. Content may be promotional and/or educational.
- Respond to inbound inquiries through email and phone calls, communicating value of NOLS and qualifying leads.
- Direct NOLS inquiries to appropriate departments and develop content expertise in multiple arenas across the school.
- Track customer experience through Hubspot and use data to maintain and update NOLS Custom Ed webpage, marketing materials, and web-based marketing content.
- Work with NOLS Custom Education, NOLS Risk Services, and NOLS Marketing to maintain a clear, compelling, multi-faceted marketing and sales strategy for the departments.
- Prioritize, develop, and lead implementation of market segment-specific inbound marketing and outbound sales plans. Develop and track metrics of success in each step of these plans.
- Work closely with various NOLS internal stakeholders to leverage existing and new relationships to prospect, create, qualify, and convert leads into NOLS clients and students. Develop and maintain strong internal and external networks. Track and report on existing and new relationships across NOLS’ educational offerings and services.
- Prioritize conferences and other gatherings for NOLS Custom Education and NOLS Risk Services to attend. Some travel is required.
- Support NOLS diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives by developing and nurturing relationships with clients and educational partners who will help NOLS improve diversity and inclusion on the client level.
- Participate in relevant Custom Education meetings and Risk Services meetings to inform teams of critical sales and marketing initiatives and provide insights that drive department strategy and growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resumé to:
Phone: (307) 335-2220
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: Ideally October 1, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.