JOB TITLE: NOLS Alaska Office Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Alaska Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative, accounting, and logistical assistance to the NOLS Alaska Director and staff.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and confidentiality, as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task, are essential.
- Requires excellent communication skills and professional demeanor to work with both NOLS internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.
- Must have a desire to live and work in a small community.
- Experience with Excel and Google suite is preferred.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Responsible for overseeing submission of employee paperwork to NOLS Human Resources Department.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for accounting and bookkeeping functions related to all NOLS Alaska expenses.
- Ensure accurate collection and organization of cash expense documents such as petty cash and per diems.
- Ensure certificates of insurance and W9 forms are current for all contractors and vendors.
- Assume the liaison role between Alaska staff and NOLS Human Resources Department regarding all required employment paperwork.
- Assist the transportation manager with coordination of airport pick-ups for all staff.
- Assist with accounting and record-keeping for bank accounts and credit cards.
- Provide excellent customer service to phone, email, and walk-in customers.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Alaska, Palmer, AK.
WORK CONDITIONS: This is a five-month position of approximately 30 hours per week. Private rustic housing is provided on-site. Meals are cooked for staff during the operating season. Kitchen and living areas are shared with other NOLS Alaska staff. Campus fees apply for staff living on-site.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Maggie O'Brien, NOLS Alaska Operations Manager.
Phone: (907) 746-4047, ext. 3331
Contact Maggie O'Brien with any questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Position open until filled.
STARTING DATE: April 15, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.