JOB TITLE: NOLS Alaska Office Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Alaska Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative, accounting, and logistical assistance to the NOLS Alaska Director and staff.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and confidentiality, as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task, are essential.
- Requires excellent communication skills and professional demeanor to work with both NOLS internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.
- Must have a desire to live and work in a small community.
- Experience with Excel and Google suite is preferred.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Responsible for overseeing submission of employee paperwork to NOLS Human Resources Department.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for accounting and bookkeeping functions related to all NOLS Alaska expenses.
- Ensure accurate collection and organization of cash expense documents such as petty cash and per diems.
- Ensure certificates of insurance and W9 forms are current for all contractors and vendors.
- Assume the liaison role between Alaska staff and NOLS Human Resources Department regarding all required employment paperwork.
- Assist the transportation manager to coordinate airport pick-ups for staff.
- Assist with accounting and record-keeping for bank accounts and credit cards.
- Provide excellent customer service to phone, email, and walk-in customers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Alaska, Palmer, AK.
WORK CONDITIONS: This is a five-month position of approximately 30 hours per week. Private rustic housing is provided on-site. Meals are cooked for staff during the operating season. Kitchen and living areas are shared with other NOLS Alaska staff. A moderate campus fee applies for staff living on site.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Chris Brauneis, NOLS Alaska Director.
Phone: (307) 335-2334 until mid-April, then (907) 746-4047, ext. 3330.
Contact Chris Brauneis with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Position open until filled.
STARTING DATE: April 15, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.