JOB TITLE: NOLS Alaska Office Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Alaska Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative, accounting, and logistical assistance to the NOLS Alaska Program Director and other operations staff and departments.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and confidentiality, as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task, are essential.
- Requires excellent communication skills and professional demeanor to work with both NOLS internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.
- Must have a desire to live and work in a small community.
- Experience with Excel, Google suite, and Quicken is preferred.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Responsible for overseeing submission of employee paperwork to NOLS Human Resources Department.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
- Collaborate with Program Director on monthly accounting and bookkeeping tasks related to all NOLS Alaska expenses.
- Oversee the management and distribution of petty cash throughout the operating season.
- Use NOLS-issued credit card for purchases related to campus operations.
- Contribute to a clean, organized, and team-based office environment.
- Assist with the organization and filing of pre- and post-course paperwork, including student graduation documents.
- Ensure accurate collection and organization of cash expense documents such as petty cash and per diems.
- Ensure certificates of insurance and W9 forms are current for all contractors and vendors.
- Assume the liaison role between NOLS Alaska and NOLS Human Resources department regarding all required staff employment paperwork.
- Facilitate the creation and submission of requisitions as well as the reimbursement of NOLS staff for various expenses to the NOLS Finance Department.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of transportation logistics.
- Assist with accounting and record keeping for NOLS Alaska bank accounts and credit cards.
- Provide excellent customer service to phone, email, and walk-in customers.
- Actively contribute to a positive and healthy community living environment while striving to maintain balance between work and life.
- Perform other responsibilities to support NOLS Alaska operations as determined by the Program Director, including the possibilities of driving students and staff and supporting other NOLS Alaska departments as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Alaska, Palmer, AK.
WORK CONDITIONS: This is a 4 to 4.5-month position of approximately 30 hours per week. Private rustic housing is provided on-site. Meals are cooked for staff during the operating season. Kitchen and living areas are shared with other NOLS Alaska staff. Employees will be expected to follow COVID in-town mitigation practices at all times. Campus fees apply for staff living on site.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Chris Brauneis, NOLS Alaska Director.
Email: email@example.comPhone: (520) 749-0955, ext. 3422, until late-March, then (907) 746-4047, ext. 3330.
Contact Chris Brauneis with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 15, 2021.
STARTING DATE: May 3, 2021 (with some flexibility for a slightly later start).
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting thislink.