JOB TITLE: NOLS Alaska Equipment Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Alaska Equipment Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Work with equipment manager to manage sales and rentals of outfitting equipment and merchandise. Facilitate instructor equipment preparation and student issue process for NOLS Alaska courses. Assist equipment manager with supervision of equipment assistants.
- Experience with the NOLS equipment procedures (issuing, deissuing, purchasing) is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, including some weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift and carry 60 lbs. Examples include but are not limited too, duffels, racks, and boxes of gear, merchandise, and clothing.
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to work effectively without direct supervision are necessary.
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfort engaging with the public, instructors and students is essential.
- Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Word, File Maker Pro, Google Chrome, POSIM, and Google Drive is preferred.
- Must have the desire to live and work in a small community.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Assist equipment manager in the supervising and training of seasonal equipment assistants. Serve as liaison for instructors equipment needs.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for maintaining records of student and instructor transactions, as well as sales and rentals to the public. Responsible for closing out cash register drawers with the equipment manager.
- Arrive to work promptly and with a clean, neat appearance.
- Assist in managing the sales and rental of equipment.
- Provide training and supervision for equipment assistants in equipment maintenance, inspection, and repair.
- Assist with repairs and upkeep of all equipment.
- Facilitate informative meetings regarding expectations and care of equipment.
- Execute map and chart printing.
- In conjunction with the Alaska equipment manager, provide supervision and training for cash register operations and data entry in the point of sale system.
- Monitor and maintain merchandise inventory.
- Act as the equipment manager in the manager’s absence.
- Actively contribute to a positive and healthy community living environment while striving to maintain balance between work and life.
- Other duties as assigned by equipment manager.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Alaska in Palmer, AK
WORK CONDITIONS: This is a 5-5.5-month position. Private rustic housing is provided on-site. Meals are cooked for staff during the operating season. Kitchen and living areas are shared with other NOLS Alaska staff. Employees will be expected to follow COVID in-town mitigation practices at all times. Campus fees apply for staff living on site.
START DATE: April 12, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to: Chris Brauneis, NOLS Alaska Program Director.
Phone: (907) 746-4047, ext. 3330
Contact Chris Brauneis with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications accepted through January 4, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.