JOB TITLE: NOLS Alaska Bus Driver
REPORTS TO: NOLS Alaska Transportation Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide safe transportation in a variety of NOLS vehicles, including school buses.
- Commercial drivers license (CDL).
- Excellent driving skills and willingness to complete NOLS Defensive Driver training.
- Able to work flexible hours including some overnight drives, weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience with driving buses and small trailer towing.
- Able to drive long hours (up to12 hours/day).
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude and ability to consistently perform pre-trip mechanical inspection of vehicles, as well as manage minor roadside mechanical issues.
- Able to work independently, be attentive to details and resourceful.
- Desire to interact with NOLS students, instructors and in-town staff.
- Manage petty cash for driver expenses.
- Maintain a driver log book.
- Perform thorough vehicle pre-trip inspection.
- Ensure vehicles are loaded with the necessary food, equipment, and other supplies before each drive.
- Supervise equipment loading and passenger safety.
- Drive NOLS courses to various locations around Alaska.
- Drop and retrieve equipment and other supplies at various pilot hangers.
- Maintain clean and professional condition of bus.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Palmer, Alaska
WORK CONDITIONS: Three 3-month positions available: 1 full-time and 2 part-time (at least 20 hours per week). Private rustic housing is available on-site. Kitchen and living areas are shared with other staff. Meals are provided during the operating season.
STARTING DATE: May 11, 2018. Start date flexible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to NOLS Alaska Office Manager Leda Borys at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until filled.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.